cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alec99
Message 1 of 3

Re: New BT smart hub causing lots of problems

Took delivery on my Smarthub today.  My Homehub 5 was working fine but I was offered Smarthub free (except for postage) so though it must be better.   My Infinity speed is reaching 50 m download.

The experience has not been good.  It works fine on LAN but the wifi 2.4 signal is very poor from my upstairs study to my sitting room downstairs.  I have performed resets and restarts but my Amazon fire box reports a very poor signal and will not work.  I am pretty clued up on these things and have had several BT hubs over the years.  Enen my iPhone 6 was stuttering.

I have reinstalled my Homehub 5 and all is well.  I will have another go with the Smarthub when I am feeling stronger.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Alec99
Message 2 of 3

I might try splitting the 2.4 Ghz from the 5 Ghz just in case it is trying to use 5 Ghz downstairs and getting a weaker signal.  It probably shouldn't make any difference but it might.

0 Ratings
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

I've had a few issues on 2.4Ghz with an iPhone 5C and Samsung S4mini about 6 meters from the HH6, but my Motorola was solid on 5Ghz at exactly the same time.

But compared to my HH4 signal strength, both 2.4 and 5Ghz has improved a little all around the house.

0 Ratings