cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB205018 Release now live

I've been looking for a new MESH system to replace my current, old installation using a couple of Netgear routers and a BT Smart Hub 6.

As I'm already a BT customer, using BT equipment would be my first choice, unfortunately reading through this forum it would appear the Whole Home system isn't yet fit for purpose, especially in the area of ethernet backhaul, which would be a requirement for me.

I guess I'll keep looking for something that ticks all the boxes, but thought I would leave a comment here just to inform BT that people like me are not purchasing their products as they are still buggy.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the link Keith.

I've decided to give the TP-Link Deco M9 (3 pack) a try.  It appears to do everything I want, including ethernet backhaul, and gets good reviews.  I also like the fact that the units are round and flat, so understated and easy to position on a shelf i.e. where height may be an issue.  They also have a couple of gigabit sockets on each unit.  I would prefer more, but I already have switches in places where I have multiple devices that are best wired.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@milleniumaire 

I have an ADSL connection, and the Tenda system is quite a bit cheaper. I only needed 100Mbs LAN connections anyway, and access mode operation. I am sure you will find the TP link one will be fine in access mode.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@milleniumaire 

I went for those in the end. Pretty good configurability and has been pretty stable.

Most management is through the Deco App, much more options than available through the management web page connecting to the first units IP!

As the dedicated backhaul is good I've managed to place one of the units near my Youview box, enabled IGMP, connected the TV box into one of the spare ports and is streaming the IPTV channels including Sport UHD 👍🏻

0 Ratings