cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: Sky Q box not connecting to BT Smart Hub 6

Hi, we are experiencing the same frustrating issues with sky q and but broadband, neither companies seem bothered by it at all but continue to sell their products without highlighting this to customers, anyone know of ny resolution yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Did you manage to get this sorted yet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 13

A bit complex but it is working 98% of the time and much better than before.....

Upgraded to BT Halo, Homehub6 with 1 disc. 

Link the home hub to the disc as per the BT instructions.

Site the disc beside the Sky Q main box and connect The Sky Q box and disc together with a Cat5 networking cable (i.e. NOT wifi) The sky Q box is now hardwired to the BT network albeit via the wifi hub-disc connection behind the scenes.

Then I used powerline connectors over the 240V house wiring to link in the 2 mini boxes, one Powerline connector beside the hub, and 2 more, one beside each mini.

If the network traffic gets busy on the powerline, the mini can drop out, but pretty much all the time this works for me and is a great improvement over Skys s**t wifi implementation on Sky Q. I'm using 500Gbit/sec powerline, a faster powerline system will probably make it even better .

btw be aware that if you use 5GHz connections, this bandwidth is pretty much hogged by SkyQ wifi to communicate with the mini boxes, hence the co-existence issues.

My daughter in her house has SkyQ, one mini and Sky broadband. the wifi penetration of this system in the house compared to he previous SkyQ/BT setup is dire, She is moving broadband back to BT.

in my view the issue is not with BT, its Sky that have a very poor design with no consideration for anyone else that might want to use wifi, they are only interested in Sky Q working.

0 Ratings