cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Smart Hub 2 IP address issue, some devices connecting but no internet

Go to solution

What do actually mean when you say the hub IP address is wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@Patrick4 wrote:

I have power line adapters, the bt Wi-fi disc and a Wi-fi access point. It’s a big house. But the problem happens on Wi-fi and lan. Even the bt halo 4g device got a bad ip when connected directly to the router by Ethernet. I notice the router ip is also wrong. 

Then one of those devices has a DHCP server active, most likely the wireless access point, as they often have a DHCP server enabled to allow easy setup, but it must be disabled afterwards.

Disconnect the wireless access point and the powerline adapters, then see if you get the wrong IP address when you connect a computer directly to the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Looks like you've solved the issue. Disconnected all adapters and did another factory reset. All looks good so far. Thanks for your help.

P

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@Patrick4 wrote:

Looks like you've solved the issue. Disconnected all adapters and did another factory reset. All looks good so far. Thanks for your help.

P

You now need to find out which device/adapter has a DHCP server enabled, and  turn it off. There must only be one DHCP server active, and that is the BT Home Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I’ll work through it and maybe let you know in a couple of weeks. I wonder if there’s an interaction with the bt disc extender and the tp link kit as the former is the most recent addition. 

Thanks

p

0 Ratings