Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Smart Hub 2 very slow

Any other guidance you can think of? I'm really snookered without my wifi 😞

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

When using the WiFi analyser are the signal strength of the 2.4 and 5ghz networks roughly similar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

No. 5 is better. (Mines' Hazyhub)

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Your 5Ghz signal shows as strong at -32db, as measured on the mobile device.

Just a few points:-
1./ Are any of your devices 5ghz compatible, i.e. can they receive 5GHz?
(for example one of my old laptops needs a usb 5ghz adaptor otherwise it's 2.4 GHz only.)

2./ how close is your new HH2 to the power supply? Can you move it to a distance of 5 ft or so from the power supply, and then recheck? It may not make much difference, but it's worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

If I were you I would keep your functioning previous router and repurpose it as a wireless point. Once set up , turn off wireless on the Smarthub 2. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

But isn't the whole point of a wifi enabled Smart hub 2 to make my new digital voice phone ?work
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

The new smarthub is within 3 feet of the power socket.
A number of our devices are 5ghz, hence we also have a 5ghz extender but that now doesn't work as now has to be positioned right by the SmartHub2 to get any signal. Not ideal for extending this around the house.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

@Minesabud 

digital voice is using dect to connect SH2 to dv phones not wifi so turning off hub wifi will not affect DV phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

You are keeping the SH2 for digital voice. I am suggesting using your old router as a wireless point as it has a better performance.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@Minesabud 

I don't want to interfere as @imjolly  has given good input on this problem. 

Have you done a factory reset of the HH2? 
Then set it up as if it's new.
Turn off smart set up, set up your wireless password key, channels...etc.

Perhaps you could contact BT and ask for a replacement HH2.
Make sure that you set the new hub correctly, as above.

Distance from hub to power supply should be minimum 5 -6 ft to avoid interference from magnet fields etc.
Are you on BT Complete wi-fi, or other? Which repeater are you using?

0 Ratings