cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zordana9
Message 1 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 6 Temporary loss of 5Ghz Channel Connection

I've had two sent me and neither connects to the Internet...they were supposed to call me within 48 hours...well that time passed over an hour ago...no contact from them.

I  called three times today and got cut off twice...then i was offered a technician (at what cost to me) i should have asked because they reid to charge me for two Smart Hub's when they told me the first one wasn't working.

The problem is  i get  No Interet access as it goes straight to Public Networks...and won't let me get back to Private.  When i switch back to the old one it immediately goes to Private - what's that all about?

I switched back to the old one and got online without any problerms.

I cannot get a straight answer so i'm sticking with the old one until i can switch providers.

They keep putting up the prices but what for?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

@zordana9

Its a computer issue, nothing to do with the BT home hub. All new connections are deemed public unless you change them. So a new home hub will be treated as a new connection.

http://www.opentechguides.com/how-to/article/windows-10/77/win10-change-network-type.html

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

0 Ratings
zordana9
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply but i'm not on Windows 10, i'm on Win 7 does that make a difference please.

I did ask BT if i had to put in or change any information and he said no, it's a problem with the exchange, i thought it strange but figured he knew what he was talking about.

They still didn't call me back after six days so i'm on the old one. 

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 4

0 Ratings