cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IONUT4K2
Message 1 of 19

Re: Smart hub modem mode replacement

Go to solution

Hello I got Smart hub (the last one and it have just 4 gigbit ports and no one for wlan to put on my own router, I need some help I want to replace that to my own router

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Go to solution

First of all the smart hub doesn't have a modem only mode. Secondly, even if it did you wouldn't connect your router to its WAN port even if it had one.  Is your own router a pure router or a modem/router?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

I have moved your post to start a new thread on a more appropriate board. The previous thread was also marked as solved.

0 Ratings
IONUT4K2
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

My router its a pure Router

0 Ratings
IONUT4K2
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I want to know what to do, I want to change from that smart hub to my own, but I dont have any modem wich I need, I didn got modem from you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@IONUT4K2 wrote:

Hello I got Smart hub (the last one and it have just 4 gigbit ports and no one for wlan to put on my own router, I need some help I want to replace that to my own router

You cannot use it unless you purchase a separate modem as well. If you have just bought it, then exchange it for a VDSL Modem/router instead.

Openreach no longer supply modems to BT Retail and other ISPs.

You could look for a second hand Openreach modem,  use a VDSL Modem/Router which has a separate modem only mode, or buy a separate VDSL modem, but there are not many of those.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

the hh6 is a modem/router hence you don't get a separate modem  if you only have a router then you need to buy a modem as the HH6 cannot be usied as a modem only

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

BT don't supply modems, they supply a combined modem/router, the Home Hub. You will need to buy your own modem if you want to use a standalone router. Your options are fairly limited to a used Openreach HG612 from ebay, A Draytek Vigor 130, a Netgear DM200 or various Zyxzel devices that can be configured in bridge mode.

0 Ratings
IONUT4K2
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

That modem is from bt?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@IONUT4K2 wrote:

That modem is from bt?

The smart hub is a combined modem router, that is what BT have supplied you with.

0 Ratings