cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Sony Bravia TV won’t connect to Internet

Go to solution

Hi @Kevinmcd  and thanks for posting on the community.

Can you please get back and let us know if @Keith_Beddoe advice has sorted this. We're keen to learn from your experience with the community so if it has helped please post to confirm.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kevinmcd
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution
I rang my son. Ex Royal Signals. Now a design engineer for a multinational telecoms company. He advised me not to manually connect TV to hub. Has I have a humax box to use the catchup etc through it which works fine. Many thanks for the help and advice given
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@Kevinmcd wrote:
I rang my son. Ex Royal Signals. Now a design engineer for a multinational telecoms company. He advised me not to manually connect TV to hub.

What is his reasoning for that?

0 Ratings
Kevinmcd
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Sorry I can’t answer. I was a mechanical engineer so I have to bow to his superior knowledge. And I trust his judgements. I can do what I wanted to do with the Humax box which connects to the hub with no bother. So my problem is solved. Many thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Obviously he must have had his reasons for saying that although I can not think of any reason and without knowing his reason I will not comment on his knowledge and judgement.

I have two Sony Bravia Smart TVs which are excellent TVs and connected without problem to the Internet so there is not an inbuilt  "glitch" with the TVs.

It is of course your choice but you have paid for a "Smart" TV that is now just a "dumb" TV for the want of entering a few settings which can do absolutely no harm to your TV or your Internet connection.

0 Ratings