Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomblanch
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re - WIFI & Power line adaptor issues

Hi,

My recent switch over to BT has not gone great first of all my order was messed up and delayed and the internet isn't great at all in my house.

My Router is in an uncluttered spot near my front door. 

If i connect my PC by Wireless the speed isn't great if someone else connects to the modem by phone, ps4 or even our Sky TV (catch up) the speed completely dies, even if i try and open one or more internet using programmes on my PC it bottoms out. I can literally pin point the second another connection has started to use speed.

I was recommended by help desk to buy the Power line adaptors to see if that works (although unsure why i had to pay out £30 when every other internet I've ever had has been able to handle more than one connection)

With regards to my PC the internet speed is a lot better around 16mb download and i think 8mb upload but the connection drops & is spikey. 

Similar issues to when I'm on WIFI i can see i am connected to the modem but getting "no internet connection".

I don't think my appliances are the issue or the connection between myself & the router.

Any advice? I did get a sent a second router in what i guess was error as my original order went wrong so they started up a new order which i will try tonight but can't see this being the issue?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Re - WIFI & Power line adaptor issues

can you post hub stats  advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post result  remember to delete number but leave cab and exchange    https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

any line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

have you tried test socket with filter?

make sure switch off smart setup  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tomblanch
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

clipboard_image_0.png

what is a test socket?

I will manually turn it off although I've not ever seen that pop up.

0 Ratings
tomblanch
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Just noted on my account even though I originally set up a direct debit on my first order BT did not switch this over so my account was actually overdue for payment and said it had it's services restricted.
Would this mean that they would have possibly choked my internet?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

BT will not restrict your internet speed  should bill be unpaid your will be disconnected

from dslchecker your speed range is 80/66mb down and 20mb up and checker shows you had 60/20mb connection on 2/10 which should be more than enough to support a few devices

can you post hub stats

does master have 2 outlets - 1 for router and 1 for phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings