cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvie1
Message 1 of 5

Re: Wifi on BT HomeHub6 (Infinity 2) poor and often disconnects or doesnt allow connections

We have been getting same problem.  Suddenly our security camera wont connect and also my husbands phone when he takes it upstairs!  I might add his phone is on contract from bt, weve had no problems before.   Just suddenly started.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi on BT HomeHub6 (Infinity 2) poor and often disconnects or doesnt allow connections

Exactly same problem since firmware update on 13 April 2018
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

After a firmware update it is best to do a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I will try that in a.m.
0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Pin factory reset makes no difference. Wireless download speed seldom reaches double figures and sometimes as low as 1 or 2 mbps. Wireless upload speed around 5 or 6 mbps.

Wired connections regularly achieve download speed of 35 mbps and upload speed of 7 or 8 mbps.

So big difference between wired and wireless download speeds and almost parity on upload speed.

Wireless speed tested with devices in same room as router. Android and Apple devices.

0 Ratings