cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulieH1965
Message 1 of 5

Re: Windows live down on BT?

Hi there

I'm new to BT Broadband but have had a problem accessing Hotmail (now Outlook) ... says 'This website is not available'

I can get Hotmail no problems on my 'notebook' but not on the Toshiba laptop I have (my main equipment). I thought it might be the laptop and have been having it checked by McAfee Tech support (I have a subscription with them)

Trouble is, I have found now that there is no way it can be the laptop as it works fine on the same laptop when logging in via BT.com on BTWifi in other locations ... 

Tried the BT online 'Chat' but they really didn't understand and kept saying I was using the wrong website, then that it was parental controls (which I had removed!!) ... no help whatsoever.

I then saw this thread and wondered if there was a link at all? The hub I have is brand new (received on Friday last week), which is when the problems started!! ... 

Anyone got any ideas? Totally frustrating as a first experience of BT Broadband to be honest

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

This should help you. http://www.outlook-apps.com/outlook-com-pop-settings/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JulieH1965
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply but my problem is not being able to access the mail.live.com website. 

I haven't set up my Outlook to view emails ...

it has never been an issue before and is only a problem when trying to access it through my home.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried restarting the BT Home Hub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Outlook and the email service outlook.com are different.   the latter is the link I posted and is the settings for hotmail and live mail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings