cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Re: Windows update problems

Go to solution

still having issues, unsure if its related but to similar not to be, my son uses microsoft teams for school right now but cannot connect via the computer unless he is using the neighbours sky wifi ( with permission of course) the bt one while allowing connection to everthing else does not allow connection to any microsoft website, or microsoft app, we cant even get to a support page on microsoft via the web, it just says no internet connection, we cant update either we cant sign into teams via app or website yet everything else steam discord google etc chrome all work fine no issues with connection, just microsoft anything, neighbour is on sky so we have had to connect to his internet to update the computer in hopes it would help but it has not helped. so my only other guess is it must be BT related any help would be appreciated 

thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

I have moved your post to start a new thread as the thread you posted on was 2 years old and marked solved.

Ensure web protect hasn't been enabled.

You could also try changing DNS server on your son's computer to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (it can't be changed on the hub)

Message 3 of 12

Any idea why my sons computer cannot connect to Microsoft ?

Go to solution

No one else has a problem, just my sons computer, when connected to bt he cannot access anything Microsoft, this includes his school work on teams app, however if he connects to sky it all works fine no problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Re: Any idea why my sons computer cannot connect to Microsoft ?

Go to solution

Did you try the suggestions I made?

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
+1 for checking whether web protect is enabled. My wife had a similar issue with a Microsoft site not being accessible and I remembered I'd enabled BT web protect weeks earlier. I disabled that through our online account and everything then worked perfectly.
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I only posted once, I must have pressed something and resent, I have only just come back to check if anyone had replied, I apologise for my mistake and I will ask my husband to check these when he gets home from work as I have no idea what you said 😬

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thankyou for these answers, we have not enabled any of the bit extras as have things running on windows already, malwarebytes and windows defender. These all worked fine with Microsoft until recently, the DNS I have no idea what that is or how to check but my husband will so I will ask him to look when he gets home and also check the web protect just incase
Thankyou I will let you know the results
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

BT are enabling web protect by default.

See https://www.bt.com/help/security/learn-about-bt-web-protect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

If it works ok on you neighbours Wi-Fi then it's not likely to be the machine.

As a first step, try rebooting the hub. If that doesn't work try a factory reset

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
I cannot see the last of your message 😬 it’s gone below the bar with add tag on it and won’t scroll
But Thankyou, we have reset hub, but not factory reset yet, we’re hoping to find a saloution without doing this, but we can try it, the issue is only on the one machine, all the other computers and devices have no problem which is why we were assuming it must be something to do with his computer specifically but combined with a bit setting somewhere, thankyou all for your helpful replies, I will let my husband know them when he gets home tonight 😁
0 Ratings