cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BsickofT
Message 1 of 5

Re: another New BT smart hub causing lots of problems

I am on my third Business Smart Hub. They have all worked correctly for a few days, then they drop the wireless connection to my laptops. Windows says it cannot get the Ip config, and when checked the ip, gateway etc ar all blank. The only way to restore the connection is to turn the router off, then restart it 10 mins later. Then all will be fine until the next episode! I am back on a HH5 which has never given me any problems.

Today BT gave up on me and told me that I would have to pay for their enhanced IT service in the hope of resolution. That apparently is on open ended subscription service that would no doubt soak up time and money.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: another New BT smart hub causing lots of problems

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BsickofT
Message 3 of 5

BT Home Hub 6

I now have my third HH6, and it has the same issues as 1  and 2. I can connect via LAN, and on a good day via WLANbut only for brief periods. most days WLAN is not available on my laptops because they receive no IP config via DHCP, and the router says the laptop(s) are not configured for IPv4 of 6. I have wasted hours of my life trying to resolve this, updated drivers, renewed ipconfig and on an on. When I plug my HH5 back in, there are no issues.

I have read multiple threads where people are having the same or similar issues with HH6, and are on their thrid or fouth router. So when will BT accept that the HH6 is not fit for purpose. We cannot all be wrong. Surely BTs own data must show how many duplicate routers have been sent out, and how many returned.

It does seem that we have to accept faceless organisastions who are happy to take our money, yet provide little or not support beyond a 2 hour wait on a bt phone line to be told to turn it off and on again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 6

You need to post on the BT Business forum if you are a BT Business user using a Business hub.

Just continue using your home hub 5.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 6

I don't use a business hub 6 but do use a hh6 and have done since inception and never had the problem you describe

did you turn off smart setup?

did you splite the 2.4/5ghz networks?

have you tried chaning the wireless mode from 1 to either 2 or 3

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings