Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iansally
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re-connecting sky q box to my BT router

Go to solution

Have had my SKY Q install for over two weeks now and no problems until tonight.  My BT router (Smarthub) dropped out tonight and came back after about ten minutes. When I tried to download a programme and also watch football via Match Choice via voice handset nothing happened.  Going into settings I found that I had NO network connection.  The screen said "Checking" but kept coming back to NO Connection.  This is the first time I have experienced this, so could some kind soul tell me how to get back a network connection between my SKY Q main box and my BT Router.  Thank You.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Re-connecting sky q box to my BT router

Go to solution

need to use sky controls and home then scroll down to settings then network and look for hub SSID  then select and enter the hub wireless password and connect. That should get you online

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iansally
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
The SSID is still showing from the initial install. The stysten says "Checking" but keep coming back to No Connection
0 Ratings
iansally
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Tried again and selected Reset. Message came back as Cpould NOT connect to your router. Please ensure it is switched ON which it is. Shoould I press the WPS button on the router?
0 Ratings
iansally
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It worked.  Thank You

0 Ratings