cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Re: dropping connection problem

I’m having the same issues. My Wifi is appalling and is so bad my husband who uses Wi-fi calling has now said he can no longer work at home as he gets constant call drop outs.
The last firmware update was great so I started wondering if there had been another one in January sometime as thats when we started getting issues. Sure enough there has been . Firmware ending B522 seems awful. Wonder if there will be a fix . ?? I’ve tried all the suggestions in this thread. It’s the firmware.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Did you do a factory reset after firmware update - press recessed button back and hold till lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thanks for your response. 

Why would I want to do a factory reset after the January firmware update - what will that achieve (apart from making all my settings redundant that I'll have to spend ages setting up again?) 

When you say factory reset - will that erase all my passwords etc? Presumably I'll have to set all those up again too? How likely is doing this going to fix my connection issues (they are wifi only and nothing happens to the blue light - the only way I know it's not working is yells from the kids and a very angry husband who has just lost his call to an important business client).  

Has anyone done a factory resent and it's solved the problems that thye've had since this update? It was working brilliantly before the update (after having many dodgy updates at the start of its life, for which it got shelved and I used my old Hub 3 for a year until this penultimate update came and worked!!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It is entirely up to you whether or not you do a factory reset however doing the reset clears out any cache/stored files/setting etc and gives a factory fresh installation of the updated software rather than installing it "on top" of the previous software.

This will obviously remove any settings/passwords etc that you have set up because it is restoring the hub back to factory setting, albeit with the new software and not the original software that it shipped with from the factory. 

There is of course no guarantee that the factory reset will resolve your problem but at least you will be working from a "clean sheet" as far as the hub is concerned.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

yes, I might give it a go - might not have any choice if this carries on.  Thanks for explaining the possible benefits.

0 Ratings