Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re speed on Hub 5 b on 5Ghz FIX!!!

Hi All,

Possible fix on HH5B re dropping wifi on 5ghz and fast on 2.4ghz.

As we all can see the HH6 is having problems and going back to the HH5 is being used by a few customers.

However splitting the 5ghz and 2.4 ghz with a different ssid ie add 5 ghz to the 5 ghz will work.

But disable smart hub use a wifi scanner app on a phone and look for a clearish channel for both 2.4 ghz and 5ghz.

Then via the Hub router log in and use 802.11 bgn at 144mbs for 2.4ghz and then 802.11 an on 217 mbs for 5 ghz.

The above works and i have had no drop outs and at 51 mbs download and 9.5 on upload for the last few days.

I have also asked to be removed from the FON/wifi x set up as this was causing more wifi channels to log in to.

Today i have used the smart wifi app and can see the FON and wifi x has been removed.

So not sure if this will help others but seems to be a workaround for me and both 2.5 ghz and 5 ghz are working well today and yesterday.

Just done a few more wire less speed tests and more or less the same 51/9.

I am 150 m from cabinet and 0.6 km from exchange.

I also am using the open reach modem ECI  as this is better on wires and lay out.

Hope the above helps others out.

Will monitor over the next few days and weeks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Re speed on Hub 5 b on 5Ghz FIX!!!

Forgot to say the modem is in a cooler place near a vent brick and is wall mounted with 4 rubber extensions on the base to give another 2 cm of air to help cool the router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 4

If you've got an Openreach modem why bother with a hub? Get a decent router problems solved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Agree but use B.T Vision and netflix and I have heard a good router is expensive circ £100 + and the cheaper ones at £20 to 30 are cheap for reasons. I have heard the power supplies cause RF interference.
But agree some routers work well when set up. But if you need B.T support they ask which modem open reach and then which router !!!
So would like to keep the B.T system it works for me.
Just done another wireless speed test and is 51.5 and 9.4. Good range on 5 ghz in the house as well
Very pleased and the modem and router are nice and cool.
Regards
C.J
0 Ratings