cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phoenix773
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Really Slow Connection for new X Box's on Hub 5

Hi.I would really appreciate your help.  I have the Home hub 5 and Infinity 2 and a fast connection of about 55 mbps. I am not so technically minded so please forgive the lack of technical details.

I previously had 2 X Box 360's connected for both my sons but changed to X Box one 's yesterday and tried to download some games.

By the end of the day they could only just start playing one game as the game had taken all day to download. One X box was downloading at approx 2mbps and the other at about 9mbps. I did a speed test on another device and it showed 55 mbps then I did a speed test on the x box and it showed approx 2mbps  (i know this wasn't a proper wired BT speed test) I spoke to Microsoft and went through everything with them and changed various things on the X Box with no success and was told because the Nat Settings on the X Box showed Moderate the Router was not giving all available speed to the X Box's.

I rung BT who said to change Port Settings would cost £30 or i could do it myself ? but this might not even speed it up and an Ethernet cable would help. I connected with Ethernet and noticed hardly any improvement.

I rung BT again this morning but received little help other than to log on and talk to tech expert.

My sons were both upset yesterday on Christmas day and i want to Help them. I appreciate any advice to help

So we have two X Box's using only a fraction of the available speed.

Thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Really Slow Connection for new X Box's on Hub 5

Are the Xboxes connected using wireless, or using a direct Ethernet cable?

Wireless usually is a very poor choice for game consoles, as it suffers from interference from other wireless routers.

Its nothing to do with NAT settings, as that is only relevant if you are playing online with other users, and would not affect speed.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 3 of 5

its down to the fact that millions of other new xbox one consoles are being updated and trying to download from xbox at the same holiday period,it was exactly the same last christmas.

phoenix773
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thank you @shamus1 and @Keith_Beddoe. I appreciate your suggestions.
0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 5

As Shamus says thousands if not millions of new xbox's suddenly want 10GB worth of OS updates never mind downloading 40GB for a game as all new consoles include codes rather than physical media.
0 Ratings