cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cslogg
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Really low speed when using TP Link VR600 modem

I can get connected ok using my Archer VR600 modem/router but my download speed has dropped from around 32mg which I was getting on my smarthub to around 12 mg on the Archer and for the life of me I cannot see why.On the Archer modem page it states 35324 current downstream and 36283 max downstream.I set up the modem as per instructions.I have not changed any settings that I know of and do not know where to look for an answer as I am no expert.Router is connected by cable to iMac and ipad via wifi.The wifi speed has also dropped to around 5mg.I dont want to go back to the bt router as I was having a few problems with dropouts etc.Can ayone help ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Really low speed when using TP Link VR600 modem

Hi cslogg,

You may have had a few connection drops which could explain dropping to 12Mb it will recover over time once the DLM see's things are stable, what are your stats?

Goto the advanced tab/status scroll down, and should show you something like this.

Current Rate(kbps)1999973674
Max Rate(kbps)2614974297
SNR Margin(dB)156.2
Line Attenuation(dB)17.39.1

DSl Modulation Type should be VDSL2, and Annex Type A/L.

As for the wifi have you setup the 5GHz for the Ipad I believe its dual band?

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Really low speed when using TP Link VR600 modem

Just to say that, in my experience, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the VR600 for a fast connection. I get as close to 80/20 as it's possible to get - which, to be fair, is the same as I got from HH5 and HH6. (I'm nice and near to the cabinet.) So I'm not sure what's gone wrong for you. Do you have the latest firmware from the TP-Link UK support website? Might be worth rerbooting the VR600 to see if that helps.

Sorry - this isn't terribly helpful.

p

0 Ratings