Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Receive DHCP request

Go to solution

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a stupid question,

I'm trying to resolve a connection issue on a games console, I'm quite convinced it's the console but need to rule everything else out first.

After looking in the hub log, it's states receive a DHCP request fairly regularly, maybe once every 5 minutes.

What does this mean exactly and is this normal?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Receive DHCP request

Go to solution

It means the console is attempting to obtain an IP address from the hub and failing to get one.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The console itself isn't on at the minute, just trying to establish if the internet is dropping or if the console is dropping connection at the minute.

Everything that is connected appears to be working ok though, would the receive a DHCP request cause any lag or drops and if everything is working, what issue does it cause and how do I determine what's causing it if everything is ok?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Weird, I've just looked at my hub logs and I see countless DHCP requests for some bizarre reason so that is not the cause of your problem.

If the internet is dropping, you will see DSL Link down events in the log, filter on WAN.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok cool, I don't see any of those at the minute, I'm quite convinced it's the console itself as everything else works absolutely fine, I'll keep my eye on it now that I know what I'm looking for, thank you for the help

0 Ratings