cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
finnra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 421 of 600

Re: Recent online gaming ping spikes when streaming Netflix

Sorry mate it literally doesn't let me send PMs, you'll have to type it yourself in Google πŸ˜‰ 

0 Ratings
EddyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 422 of 600

Yeah I have no idea why they're not saying what exactly they're changing, but I think at least they do seem to be finally zeroing in on the actual fix for this issue now. In my case, I never even bothered trying to ring BT to report the issue because based on previous extremely bad experiences with their telephone-based customer service, I knew this would be even worse, and there would be absolutely no point in engineers being sent out because I know the problem isn't on this end.

So the only thing that's been changed on my connection at all is whatever it is they did yesterday, and it seems to have fixed (or at least greatly helped with) the issues - so hopefully that will be one particular change that they can now isolate and use as a proper fix for all the people having this issue. They said they'll get in touch with me early next week to find out whether it resolved things, so hopefully we'll find out more after that.

0 Ratings
tyranotom
Beginner
Message 423 of 600

I would also like to request help with this. We have had this issue for about a year now. Whenever someone is streaming(youtube, netflix, twitch etc) online gaming becomes completely impossible. I felt like there was no point contacting BT because of other people's efforts and lack of success in doing so but if there's now a fix, please help!
0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 424 of 600

There isn't one fix for everyone, the ones you're seeing get fixed are caused by problems other than the routing issue. The only person who's has been fix by change of route seems to be dubstepzombie? IIRC from traceroutes? I'm still waiting for something to be changed on my connection to try and get it fixed.

Route change hasn't been attempted on my connection yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
finnra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 425 of 600

I got a call from the executive support yesterday. I had to send them two trace routes to Google.com. One with nothing using my network and one where I was watching a stream. They said they were forwarding it to the networking team to try find where the latency is occurring. So, maybe I'll hear something on Monday about a solution. 

0 Ratings
joo1
Contributor
Message 426 of 600

I had a phone call with two different people now.

The last phone call the man was very nice and really wants to help but he just doesn't know what else to try bless him. I did make him aware of this forum though and said it would be very handy for him and whoever else to have a read here.

If they were to look at what all of us are saying as a whole - they may be able to fix the problem. We just need some co-operation and someone willing to help thats all. Unfortunately doesn't seem like anyone wants to help though.

0 Ratings
RoscoT
Regular
Message 427 of 600

Hi 

I had a call on Wednesday after the forum mods pm me, the man on the phone asked me what was going on with my broadband, I told him the issues I was having he then checked my speed and told me exactly what speeds I knew I was getting then he said he was changing a few settings and they would take 24 hours to take affect and to keep checking my connection for a few days and he would call me back on Monday.  Lo and behold since that call my connection has been stable while streaming and gaming.

0 Ratings
EddyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 428 of 600

@RoscoT - Yep that's exactly what happened for me too (except I missed their call but I'd already explained the issues in my PM to them, so they just went ahead with the changes and left me a PM saying what they were doing). So that's why I feel hopeful that we are getting somewhere with this issue overall now. And I haven't seen any evidence which makes me think that the issues most people here are having are being caused by anything different from mine.

0 Ratings
buzzby27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 429 of 600

As yet still no fix  but they or the mod saying they are fixing the issue.

But still waiting after 2 days

0 Ratings
buzzby27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 430 of 600

did your ping get sorted
0 Ratings