cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BellH
Regular
Message 611 of 1,014

Ping/Latency problems

Similar to a  number of other posts here, I've been suffering the same issue since late December of last year/early January of this year.  Whenever somebody in the house starts watching something on twitch/youtube/netflix, the ping becomes incredibly erratic and unstable, ruining the online gaming experience for anybody in the house.

I'd hoped that over time it might have resolved itself but seemingly not. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

0 Ratings
jk494
Aspiring Contributor
Message 612 of 1,014

Re: Ping/Latency problems

Just keep posting until someone takes note and does something about it?

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 613 of 1,014

Hi @BellH,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your connection.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so we can look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
k9clc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 614 of 1,014

Can a moderator get in touch and let me know if there anything I can do to fix my issue?

I've mentioned having the same issue on here a few times now and seem to be overlooked.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 615 of 1,014

Hi @k9clc,

Thanks for posting back and I am sorry for the latency problems you're experiencing.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Jooeee
Beginner
Message 616 of 1,014

I am also experience spikes every 10 seconds or so, calling up the 'technical helpline' last night did not help either.

Pingplotter showed:
767beb45668100a6fb28373e7123a175

The only advice they were able to give was to use BT-FON instead, which gave me even better results than using my actual broadband:

Annotation 2019-11-28 094508.png

Last time I called, they suggested it was an issue with the cabinet and would be fixed by 9/10/19,  obviously that was not the case.

0 Ratings
UltimaBlank
Beginner
Message 617 of 1,014

Could I also get some help? Been having the exact same issue as everyone else on here. Perfectly good internet with no problems until the beginning of this year, where if anyone uses any streaming service games become unplayable.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 618 of 1,014

Hi @Jooeee & @UltimaBlank,

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

Sorry that you guys are also suffering from this issue.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
fishtoasty
Beginner
Message 619 of 1,014

Unfortunately the same issue is now happening for me. I have noticed it over the past month or so.

It used to be fine.

0 Ratings
James3793
Contributor
Message 620 of 1,014

Re: Recent online gaming ping spikes when streaming Netflix

I've been having ping issues for a while now and finally realised this is the cause.

I am gaming on my PC in another room but as soon as my partner starts watching Netflix, I get intermittent high ping spikes upwards of 150 which stops be being able to play.

Has anyone found a solution?

0 Ratings