cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruby34
Contributor
Message 681 of 806

Re: Recent online gaming ping spikes when streaming Netflix

Sorry to jump on this post but I was changed to the new complete WiFi in October due to this issue. The issue has worsened!! We can only have either the Xbox on or something like Netflix or prime not both. An independent person has been sent to check our set up, he said it’s fine although did say the new hubs are no good as can not separate anything out. I’ve bought a new cable for the Xbox as that’s a wired connection but that’s not changed anything. I am being called back tomorrow as they are desperate to close the complaint even though we still have issues. They said last time they called if the cable doesn’t work we’re scratching our heads as to what the issue is!!! We have fibre to the home and are being told there is nothing wrong as we are getting the expected speeds. Help as we don’t know what to do next. 

0 Ratings
nick2528
Beginner
Message 682 of 806

@DavidM 

Sorry but what use is the forum moderation team here and why are you trying to move all complaints over to direct/private messages?

The discussion needs to be in public, on this thread, so everybody can see the response from BT and any possible fix that is incoming. If the sole job of the moderators is to just try and sweep everybody up into private messages so they can be fobbed off one by one then that sums up BT perfectly and is exactly where you have a 100 page complaint thread on the go.

Everybody here is saying the same thing, with the same timeframes and causes. You or whoever manages the forum needs to flag this to somebody in a technical team to investigate and respond.

@Ruby34 It seems the same for everyone. I'm showing 80mbps average speeds and can watch netflix or prime at 4k/UHD without a single stutter or delay, i can also game with <20 ping constantly, but if i try and do both at the same time it is an absolute ****show

0 Ratings
James3793
Aspiring Contributor
Message 683 of 806

The team have been really helpful with me but I am sure they can only do so much themselves.

At this point it would be good to get an updated summary so we know what’s happening.

I know circumstances are different on a case by case basis like wired/wireless etc but it’s clear their is an common problem effecting many of us here.

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 684 of 806

I know have this issue after moving house, not an issue at all in my previous address

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 685 of 806

Anyone come up with a solution??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 686 of 806

@nick2528  I would take a guess and say they are moving complaints over to private message because they need to take in personal details (account numbers etc). I don't believe that the MODs are trying to do anything sneaky or hide anything here as they seem to be the only part of BT actually doing anything to try and fix these cases. There is a number of posts on this thread about the CEO's team not being able to help.

This thread is nearly a year old so I would say that BT's higher management know all about the issue just are not willing or can't tell us more. Personally I would be interested to know the root cause as all the posts on this thread point to BT's core network.

@Darren84  can you post some screenshots from PingPlotter some with no stream running and one with a game and stream running at the same time?

SP

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 687 of 806

I can but never used it before, will see what i can do now

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 688 of 806

ok so I have downloaded the 14 day trial, what address am I putting into the input box??
0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 689 of 806

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 690 of 806

@SpiderPig first on with stream and game, second game only.
Netflix being watched and playing BF5
BF5 only being played
sorry sizes are **bleep**

0 Ratings