Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 691 of 811

Re: Recent online gaming ping spikes when streaming Netflix

@Darren84 

Sorry, I can't read the information on the screenshots.

Can you see at what HOP the latency increase is on and if this is on the BT network? Normally the last HOP on BTs network will be labelled BTcore or something along those lines but you can also use the IP address to check. Feel free to post the IP address if you are having any problems. 

How do you have your device connected to the hub?

SP

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 692 of 811

Will try to up the size, but 33kb is the limit on here. I am completely wireless. Hub is 7 ft away from my pc with it being the only device on 5ghz. I did send the misses out for a Ethernet cable yesterday but they sold out, so may send her again today. (Erm not my slave by the way, but I'm limited in movement at the moment as I did my back the gym on saturday). This is only a recent issue also
0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 693 of 811

Re: Ping issues when gaming and streaming after house move

I am wireless and not using extenders, i moved the router to within 7ft of the pc and bands are separated, pc is the only one on 5ghz.
0 Ratings
Message 694 of 811

Thanks for confirming that @Darren84. Are you able to test using an ethernet cable? Sorry to be a pain but it's just a basic check I need you to complete before we can take this further.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 695 of 811

how the hell do you upload a readable image every image I get that is within the size parameter its unreadable
0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 696 of 811

0 Ratings
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 697 of 811

@DavidM  Same thing when wired 

0 Ratings
Message 698 of 811

Thanks for checking that @Darren84. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage. Just drop me over a reply with the details and we’ll check it out.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Krakken
Beginner
Message 699 of 811

Good evening, been having alot of problems identical to what others have been having in this thread, some have been given a magical fix so would love if i can get  the same, or at the very least directed in the correct way.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Ruby34
Contributor
Message 700 of 811

Xbox OR streaming Netflix/Prime can’t do both

This is getting beyond a joke now and no one at BT has a clue or even cares. 
We have had an ongoing problem since early this year, in September  some BT sales man said he had the answer to our problems!! Complete WiFi. If anything the problem has worsened because if someone wants to play on the Xbox only the Xbox can be on or it lags bad. 
BT sent out an independent guy to check the internal set up, which he said was fine. Xbox on wired connection tv wireless, he connected a disk to the tv. We explained wireless was not an issue but actually using more than one thing is an issue for the Xbox. He went on to say the new routers are **bleep** as you can’t split anything.  After this visit BT said it must be the wired cable so we changed the cat6 cable to a new cat7 cable. No different Xbox still lags if we want to stream anything on Netflix or prime. BT are now scratching their heads as they don’t know what it can be. They said it can’t be anything external as we are getting the speeds. The independent man BT sent said we shouldn’t be having issues as we are fibre to the door as we are not near other properties. Yet BT are now not interested as they have done everything they can (sent a man to check internal set up) What happens now? They recontracted me for 18months in September when they sent the new hub which was supposed to solve all issues 15 months remaining of broadband which is not usable. Can anyone suggest something to resolve the issue. I also pay line rental yearly which was paid in August, I’m told this is non refundable if I’m released from my contract. 

0 Ratings