cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmillo
Contributor
Message 451 of 626

Re: Recent online gaming ping spikes when streaming Netflix

An update from me after a week of the fix. 

It's not perfect, but it's much much better. My steady non streaming ping is 8-10. When I run Netflix and Twitch simultaneously it sticks below 20ms.

There are rare jumps to circa 60, but they are arent constant and seem to be when I first load a stream or part way through and last barely a second (one line on command prompt). 

BT are due to call this evening to check. I'll ask what exactly was changed so you can all get the same.

GazzaLFC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 452 of 626

@JamesCO , around 14 hours but since the 2nd restart things have calmed down and I have not had to reboot the router since.

Please note, I have a separate modem and router so as @dubstepzombie mentions, if you have an all in one modem and router (Homehub) you do not want be constantly restarting it.

Restarting it once or twice though is not going to hurt.

Gazza

0 Ratings
Eyebaws
Aspiring Contributor
Message 453 of 626

Have just come across this thread after months and months of pulling my hair out when trying to play Fifa.

Genuinely thought this was an issue effecting only me as didn't think for a minute watching a stream on fibre could cause my whole gaming experience to become absolutely soul destroying! 

Not easy getting a game of fifa when your girlfriend is home at the best of times... Even harder when you ask her not to stream whilst you do!

Would appreciate if someone can get in touch with me with the fix that has been mentioned throughout this thread. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 454 of 626

Hi @Eyebaws welcome to the community and thanks for posting as a Fifa player myself I feel your pain. 

If you send over your details we'll be happy to help. I'll send you a Private Message in a moment with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

0 Ratings
Tmillo
Contributor
Message 455 of 626

If you have a look through the recent posts mods can help by PMing them. 

As per my answer, they couldnt tell me what they changed. They said it was escalated to a different team who implemented changes. I can confirm it wasnt my speed though, as I'm still the same speed. 

0 Ratings
emptywhy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 456 of 626

I was really hoping you would have an answer, I've been chasing this up for close to two months now with two different engineers coming to my property, I can't seem to get anywhere with this fault.

If someone from the mod team could get in touch regarding the fix that appears to be working for people here I would appreciate it.

0 Ratings
dubstepzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 457 of 626

Surely it would save BT money and time if everyone knew what the mysterious fix was, then customers could ask for it, mods and the escalation team could also quickly solve these issues. It would save countless hours and pain on the phone explaining the issue to support staff who have no clue about it, it would save countless wasted hours and money by engineer visits to solve none existent line faults. You know, it might even end up with some happy and satisfied customers that then trust BT to solve problems quickly and efficiently. Even if it's not the exact same fix for everyone there can't be that many variations for the exact same problem.

This secrecy is not helping anyone... 

I guess BT like wasting customers time and money that then ends up being added to your broadband / phone bills...

0 Ratings
Message 458 of 626

Hi @emptywhy Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums, I'm really sorry about the problems with your connection and we'll be happy to help if you send over your details.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 459 of 626

I posted in the other thread about the fix and had no response from a mod and wondered if I could get it on here please. 

The lag is annoying, I even had Spotify on today and it made me start teleporting. 

Even if it's not a huge difference I don't mind, every little helps. 

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
joo1
Contributor
Message 460 of 626

I'm actually disgusted at the customer service from BT. It's like because they don't want to admit the issue is on their end they try and pretend like you're lying about the issue and ask you to relate back to them with stats that aren't even possible to get. Even some of the admins on here I just feel like nobody wants to help lol I've been with BT for over 7 years and the treatment is genuinely awful. I've been making phone calls for the past 3 weeks, had 3 engineer visits and they still try and act like there isnt an issue or its not netflix related. Bizzare

0 Ratings