Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saltyrodney
Contributor
Message 601 of 1,014

Re: Ping spikes

Screwed up the link

And i just did another test and got this

Proof my connection was being throttled?

Although a lower upload is strange

0 Ratings
dubstepzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 602 of 1,014

Good luck @saltyrodney 

To all though, there's no need to worry because BT has emailed me a black Friday deal for renewing my contract "Halo gives you ultra-reliable, unlimited broadband and more from your mobile and home phone.". I like the sound of 'ultra-reliable', not just reliable it's ultra 🙂

Also "and never increase your price at the end of your contract" then reading the T&C "Superfast Fibre Halo 1: Prices and terms subject to change during the contract term."

Wow I can't resist renewing my contract, I must ring ASAP - lol

There is double data on my mobile, although I left BT mobile ages ago and swapped to Three, I've been on unlimited data for years 🙂

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 603 of 1,014

Hi @saltyrodney sorry you are experiencing a problem with latency. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
MonopolyCompany
Beginner
Message 604 of 1,014

Been having the exact same issue as others here have posted (and on the 100s of other posts I have found online) for almost a year now, where I am completely unable to play any games, whether it is console/PC if someone else in the household is streaming.

It does not matter what streaming service is being used or whether its HD or 480p it will cause severe spikes in the latency that will render any online game unplayable.

I have sent a complaint application to BT as it's unacceptable (especially at the price for their "SuperFast Fibre Halo 1") to receive such poor service with little help or clarification on what the actual issue is. BT rang the other day to answer the complaint but I was met with the answer that they "can't see anything wrong with the line" but they will "refresh my connection to the exchange" to see if it helps but that has not seemed to have done anything. 

0 Ratings
dubstepzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 605 of 1,014

@MonopolyCompany 

You've come to the right place, this is your best hope for some sort of fix, hopefully a mod will help you.

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the number of customers with this problem.

Changing the subject a little I'm still finding BT Halo funny.

Call me dumb but it sounds like the exact package I already have, it's been re branded and bumped up in price with a massive 24 month contract. Nice of BT to offer a free activation fee though.

Looking at the benefits

• Smart Hub 2, worth £100 – our latest, smartest hub with wi-fi controls to manage screen time Don't need that I already have a good router / modem.
  • Expert tech support at home, available 7 days a week. Already got that - me
  • Our keep connected promise My connection is solid,  BT promises = £0
  • Double data for all your mobiles with us. Don't care, BT mobile rates are way too expensive, already have unlimited data with Three, don't need 5G, 4G allows me to do everything I need.
  • BT Virus Protect on 15 devices - I have free anti virus, don't care about this benefit either

Oh of course Halo allows "Stream, game and download in HD on lots of devices at once - and Halo benefits too" 

eerm let me think if I should sign up for another 24 months of a dodgy broadband connection 🙂

0 Ratings
MonopolyCompany
Beginner
Message 606 of 1,014

Hopefully they can, because I just got a follow up call from the BT complaints department telling me that there was nothing that they could do and to go to www.bt.com/techexperts - which seems to redirect me to nowhere useful.

0 Ratings
mrgoldfish1
Contributor
Message 607 of 1,014

Why don’t you download pingplotter and send them your graphs. That’s how I got my connection sorted and fingers crossed no more ping spikes.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 608 of 1,014

Hi @MonopolyCompany, sorry you are having high latency. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
rsweet98
Beginner
Message 609 of 1,014

Hey i've been having the same issue, even had a new router.

I get high fluctuating ping ( it literally go from 17ms and shoots to any number between this to 100) in my games. It makes them unplayable as my character is rubber banding around

This only seems to happen when other people are home and using streaming services like netflix/youtube. 

I just want to play a game without having fustrating flucating ping.  I have phoned bt so many times and soo many of them do not understand what the problem is. 

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 610 of 1,014

Hey @rsweet98,
We will take a look into your connection to see if anything obvious stands out.

I've sent you a private message with some info that I need from you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings