cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 621 of 865

Re: Recent online gaming ping spikes when streaming Netflix

Same as everyone else here, I've had engineers to the house, they've "looked" into an issue at the exchange, its now gone so far that I've got a letter with the details to contact an ombudsman but no follow up calls on the complaint for the past 3 weeks. Use to be really happy with the service now I'm left with leaving BT for Sky when my contract is up.

Just a shame that I've not had a single chat with anyone competent, just bad call centres that try and sell me wifi boosters with an ethernet connection...

Highlighted
Message 622 of 865

This is getting ridiculous now. I can't play anything without the flucuating ping. what is the point of having internet its the only thing i use it for.  Complete and utter waste of money. I'm essentially being scammed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 623 of 865

I’ve already enquired about switching to Sky.

This year I’ve had 8 different engineers out to my house to fix a problem that I ended up fixing myself. Now this. I can’t bear to call BT again and try and explain this issue to them. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 624 of 865

had this problem but I'm out of contract so im just gonna leave providing someone on here can confirm that fixes the problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 625 of 865

I'm switching to leetline on Monday so if you can wait until possibly Tuesday I'll be able to tell you how things look. Bearing in mind that I'm on a 'fixed' connection, which I can see from testing isn't as stable as it should be, it seems to vary from day to day from generally ok to some not so good jitter - as below and guess where my music streaming switched to the next track. That sort of jitter is not welcome for gaming at all...

I'm collecting plenty of test results so I can do a reasonable comparison, I am thinking though leetline is going to be the best xmas present I could ever have 🙂

In general though every user I've seen on this thread  that has switched has reported it solves their ping problem.

If BT are a decent company they should allow users on here to switch with no exit fees, I mean they have 6 million customers why create anguish for a such a small number of users...

VisitToJitterTown.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 626 of 865

Hi Everyone

I'm really sorry about the problems you're experiencing with your ping. I've sent a Private message to everyone who has posted over the last couple of days with details on how you can get in touch with the Moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 627 of 865

Can confirm once contacted by the mod team, my connection has been pretty much fixed, maybe not quite as stable as before the issues started but more then enough for gaming and streaming

If you are still in contract I implore you to follow it up with the mod team, they are very helpful

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 628 of 865

Good to know.

What was involved in fixing the issue? Did you have to do anything your end or was it fixed BT side?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 629 of 865

neil can you get in touch with me too?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 630 of 865

Hi @NeoFried,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are also having latency issues when gaming and streaming at the same time.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings