Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RogerLyons
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Reconnecting WiFi printer

Go to solution

Hello.

I have replaced my hub4 with another hub4 (from BT).

Changing the passwords on laptop, phones etc was no problem but trying to reconnect my HP F4500 series printer is giving me grief.

I have tried any number of times to use the WPS button on the hub when I think I have got the printer in a receptive frame of mind (it's network indicator is flashing after power up) but it does not seem to want to play and remains resolutely off line as far as the lap-top is concerned.

Am I missing a trick?

Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Reconnecting WiFi printer

Go to solution

Easier to set the wifi password on the printer rather than use WPS

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Not sure if the HH4 has the Smart Setup feature, turn it off if it has.

0 Ratings
RogerLyons
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Licquorice.

Excellent.

I did spend an hour trying to get the HP Solution Centre to play ball but then found the Configure Network Device tool directly under H in the Windows menu.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
parthabus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Re: HP Tango printer to your Wifi

Go to solution

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience faced by you.

If I have understood the issue correctly then three things are coming into play preventing the printer to get connected.

1. First thing to do is log in to your Hub Manager Page and turn the  Smart Setup off.  Go to - 192.168.1.254. Click on Advanced setting, type in the admin Password and then click on wireless. On the top you will find Home Network. Refresh the page through the refresh Button under the Home Network Tab. Then click on Smart Setup beside the home network Tab and turn it off.

2. Secondly, you can download the HP freeware to capture the printer port and use that to locate the printer.

3. Check to find if the DHCP is enabled properly and under the printer status  check the option to capture the first available IP address if it shows in your system.

But before doing that the best option will be to connect your printer with a Ethernet cable to the device and install the same and then remove the cable and use wirelessly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The OP has connected his printer! He has marked the thread as solved, the answer being given in message 2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

.............a month ago