cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Red WAN light on Router RT-AX86U

Go to solution

Good evening, I just had to upgrad my previous setup (Asus DSL-AC68U modem/router combo) which had been working fine for the last 7 years until it suddenly stopped.

BT sent an engineer, who told me stuff which I’m afraid - not being technical - I don’t exactly remember. I know that he had to change our wall plug and something else (a port) at the exchange? But anyway he did tests using his device afterwards and said everything was fixed. I tried my AC68U again to no avail, the DSL light was not coming on. So I deduced that my router was dead and needed an upgrade after many years of good services.

Now for my new setup, I bought a DrayTek Vigor130 VDSL/ADSL Modem and an Asus RT-AX86U. All the lights on the modem are fine (according to the manual). But the WAN light on the router is solid red. Is there anything I need to set on either or both my modem and/or router to fix this? 

I’ve been on BT 4G dongle for two weeks now but I’m desperate to fix this issue. Do I need to contact BT or is it something that I can fix at my end? Any help will be much appreciated, thank you in advance 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Red WAN light on Router RT-AX86U

Go to solution

If the problem is with your third party equipment, there is nothing BT can or will do.

You need to verify the broadband is working by replacing the BT hub as a first step.

I'm not familiar with either device, but ensure VLAN id is set to 101 on the Draytek and PPPoE username and password are set to bthomehub@btbroadband.com and BT on the Asus.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I was wondering what the PPPoe settings were, let me try that and get back to you 😅

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

That did it, as soon as I put those PPPoe details in, the light turned white. I’ve never seen such a beautiful light in my life 😂 Thank you soooooooooo much for the fast reply!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

😄😃

0 Ratings