Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Renaming Network devices.

Go to solution
Hi. When I examine my Network on my Home hub 3, I have one or two not named just labelled 'unknown' followed by the MAC address. Can I I safely replace the unknown with a suitable Device name and then press 'Save'? Would this upset the connection next time the Device (Internet Radio) is used?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Renaming Network devices.

Go to solution

Yeah you can rename the devices, its just a pretty picture of your network nothing more.

Highlighted
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks very much.
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just revisiting this topic, I started, I also have another question.

When I interrogate my Home Hub's UI I can see various devices connected or currently dormant. My Brennan B2 shows up named udhcp followed by the MAC address. Is it OK to replace the udhcp part with 'BrennanB2' for easy identification? I did that for my Internet Radio following advice here. 

Is there any significance in the 'udhcp' rather than having 'unknown' in the device's identification?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

As I said before, the whole thing is just a pretty picture and has no real purpose, not sure why you need to keep looking at it. But yes, anything that is manually changeable can be changed and will have no impact on the operation of the hub/device.

0 Ratings