cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jez39
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Renaming devices

I have recently replaced my Smart Hub 2 (due to old one dropping out frequently) and now cannot rename my devices in the BT App. I cannot see where the option is. The Help page says go to “Manage on-line screen time” but this option doesn’t seem to be anywhere in the App. I have been able to rename them using the Hub’s web page but this doesn’t seem to feed into the information accessed by the BT App   Why is this?  I used to be able to use the App to rename devices but now can’t. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Renaming devices

In the MYBT app go to 

your wifi network

control wifi access

select the device you want to rename

then next to name 'edit'

change name

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jez39
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Only get “Manage your wi-Fi settings” as an option from the “Your wi-Fi network” link which takes you to your Hub and Discs and then the connected devices but without an Edit option. I am sure with my old SH2 there was another option.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

When you get to connected devices did you then select a device  as edit only appears after you select a device

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jez39
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Having selected the device I don’t get an Edit option 

5954C59B-925A-4D64-B0E3-5D5559630AD2.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

When I select your wifi network I then see my hub and my disc and setup new disc.  Below that I have control wifi access for your devices. If I select that then I can see all my wifi devices and selecting a device I then get option to edit name

my app version is 8.8.5

0 Ratings
Jez39
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

My App is 8.8.1 and the IOS App State has this version as the current one!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I am using android not IOS but facilities should be same

just tried on my iPad on 881 and works just like my android and as I previously described

0 Ratings
Jez39
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

• Guess there must be some reason for the difference. I don’t get “control WiFi access for your devices” but “manage your WiFi settings” that then doesn’t allow you to change device names, only the network name. 
  • 9CF19A5E-AD00-4428-BE54-3A3400C764EA.png
0 Ratings