cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Replace home hub

Looking to replace my home hub. Can anyone recommend a replacement which has WiFi6 and is a Tri-Band? I thought if I cannot find a dedicated router which is FTTC compatible (most seem to be FTTP), connecting the new router into the home hub via PPoE or replacing the home hub with an open reach modem and daisy chain in a ASUS RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replace home hub

@bigevil You could always leave the home hub in place for its modem and routing and add a mesh in bridge mode like Netgear Nighthawk or Zenwifi AX. Everyone will have their favourite router and you’ll be spoilt for choice 😀 Depends on why you want rid of the homehub and how much you want to spend. Personally I wouldn’t be rushing to get Wi-fi 6 unless I had a good reason and my client computers had Wi-fi 6. It can be a fair investment. If you don’t need Wi-fi 6 BT Wholehome a safe choice and often on offer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replace home hub

Thanks @Forthay that was one of the plans to use the HH as a bridge and connect a better wifi router. Finding the HH has limited Wi-fi outside the room it’s in, even tho we live in a small property. Having Wi-fi 6 is just bonus as it’s supported on a few of our devices too. 

0 Ratings