cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewisc46
Message 1 of 6

Replacement HH ?

I've been with BT on the infinity package since it 1st came to my area a few years ago.. I have a HH3 and starting to have frequent dropouts and wondering whether its because the HH3 is about 4 or 5 year old..

What are BT like about replacing the HH.. I dont mind signing up for another 12 months if i get a replacement hub. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in Advance for any info 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Replacement HH ?

If you sign up for another 12 months you should be able to negotiate another Homehub as part of the deal. Have a read through the forum first to see about the problems some members have had with the HH5. If you are still in contract with BT you could report the HH3 as faulty and they should send you a replacement free of charge.

The first thing to try would be a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. It might cure your drop outs.

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Avoid the HH5, it's not fit for purpose...... If you're gonna get a replacement HH get the 4 and keep your DSL Modem.....
0 Ratings
sidthesod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Homehub 5 doesn't do dnla etc and I'm on my 3rd in 4 month.

Bonus side it has 4 1gig ports.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Are you connected via wireless or wired connection? It may not be a hub fault.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
sidthesod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi, Down stairs tv,ps3,server, laptop on wire (plus other items) upstairs tv,ps3 wifi and pc on wire.

I've upgraded where poss to 1000ports and hub.

Various other item on network.

0 Ratings