cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
och
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Replacement HH3 - 'File type not supported' for previously work hard disk

I received a new HH3 yesterday to replace a faulty one and I now can't use the hard drive I had successfully attached to USB port of the old one; it says 'File type not supported'.

The only difference I can spot is that the new HH3 has turned up with old firmware on it; my old hub had upgraded to the latest version (type A). I left the hub overnight to see if it would upgrade but it doesn't seem to have done.

The attached drive is NTFS.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Och

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replacement HH3 - 'File type not supported' for previously work hard disk

It was the case that you could only use Fat32 drives on the Hub but there was apparently an update that allows NTFS. I pressume you had the drive connected and working on your old Homehub 3.

The firmware update might take a day or two to happen. Leave your Homehub switched on and it should happen. The drive might not show up right away once it is recognised. It can take upto 15mins to register.

This is a link where you can check the latest firmware for your Hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32227/~/how-do-i-update-the-firmware-on-my-home-hub-3...

0 Ratings
och
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replacement HH3 - 'File type not supported' for previously work hard disk

Thanks

Yes it was working fine with the old HH3

I'll wait patiently for another day or two and home the firmware update comes through. I've checked that the new hub has older firmware than the previous one.

Thanks,

Och
0 Ratings