Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Womble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Replacement Home Hub 3 - Slow Wifi

Go to solution

Following an issue whereby I couldn't connect to Netflix, the mods kindly arranged for my Home Hub 3b to be replaced with a 3a. This fixed the Netflix connection issue. However after a couple of weeks the Wifi speed has now dropped significantly. I now only get 3Mbps downloads when before it was 38Mbps. I also now get the wifi dropping out completely at times.

I have checked that there are no clashing wifi channels from neighbouring routers. If I plug in via an ethernet lead I get the 38Mbps download again. I also tried connecting wireless whilst sat next to the router but still only get about 10Mbps download.

How do I get the wifi working again properly?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Replacement Home Hub 3 - Slow Wifi

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

0 Ratings
Womble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion gg30340. This worked for a while, but then completely lost internet connection via wireless, ethernet still worked. Restarted the router this time and internet via wireless was working well. However, speed has just now collapsed again via wireless.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Try giving the Homehub a fixed wireless channel. 

See Link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

If you try channel 13 first. It is not a default channel for routers and as such is usually not congested. You may get a warning when you select it but it is safe to ignore it.

0 Ratings
Womble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As suggested I've changed to channel 13 and used inssider to check that channel is clear. Will see how it goes as the router now also doesn't allocate an IP address via Wireless sometimes.

0 Ratings
Womble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340, everything has been working fine for the last few days.

0 Ratings