cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirvycn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Replacement power supply for a HH 5.0 Type B?

Anyone have any idea where i can get one.

Due to a Rabbit eating through the power lead i need a new one, and after a few hours of searching it is proving very hard to find? Is the Homehub type A power adapter a different size? Some people think it is and that one wont fit.

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Replacement power supply for a HH 5.0 Type B?

If the rabbit's just chewed through part of the lead, can you splice the two broken ends together to give a slightly shorter lead?  Just make sure you don't accidentally swap the positive and negative.  One of the two cores should have a distinct marking on it.

Don't assume that type A and type B poser supplies are at all compatible, without actually checking the voltages.  BT sources its hubs from different suppliers - they may look the same on the outside, but have completely different electronics inside.

0 Ratings
nirvycn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

It has completely destroyed it, it cannot be repaired 😞

Any ideas where i can get a new one?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Auction?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

You could get a complete Home Hub from the well-known internet auction site.

Alternatively, check the rating carefully on the power supply, and you may be able to find a compatible one on the internet.  It will need to be the same voltage, at least the same current rating, and have a compatible connector.  There are plenty of "universal" power supplies around with adjustable voltages.

0 Ratings