cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Replacing 8-year-old router with ... what?

Hi

I am looking to change my router. Eight years ago I was advised on this forum to go for a Netgear WNR3500L and have had no regrets over the years and its still doing sterling service. However, email threads I have recently received suggest it is way overdue to be replaced (no security updates since 2013!!!). As a result I put a message on the tenforums.com Networking section and was advised to visit this site for advice on what I should get.

Currently I have my eye on a TP Link AC1900 Archer C9 but what do others think of this choice and what would they recommend. Users of this forum recommended our current router but what would they recommend now? At present I believe we're on Infinity 1 rather than 2 but it would be rather nice to move on to later versions (what is the latest version?). I therefore ask what router would you recommend? Would the TP Link unit mentioned above meet requirements for Infinity 2 or would you recommend a different unit? I should also add that I would prefer not to have to pay out much over £100 although I have been advised not to limit myself to a budget but to get something which meets my current needs plus a bit of upgrading. Of course I only need a router which will be used with the BT modem.

Any help that can be offered would be much appreciated. Thanks
Tracey

0 Ratings