cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neilbadmin
Message 1 of 7

Returning a hub

Go to solution

Recently had an issue with broadband speed. Advisor told me they would send a new hub just in case but engineer who visited fixed the issue before new hub arrived as issue was with connection on the landline. I now have a new hub. Do i legally have to return the old hub ? Or the new one ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Returning a hub

Go to solution

If you were send a returns bag, then BT would expect you to return one of the hubs, as it will show on your records, and you may be charged for it.

0 Ratings
Neilbadmin
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings
Neilbadmin
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

There was no returns bag sent. Just the new hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just hold onto it as a spare. The Customer Service rep said he would send one out to you "just in case" plus BT hand them out like sweeties so I doubt they will come looking for it.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Neilbadmin welcome to the community and thanks for posting,  it really depends on how the advisor has placed your order for the replacement Hub. If it was a replacement under warranty you would have received a returns bag to send back the old Hub for recycling so it sounds like they have simply ordered you a new Hub and not followed the warranty replacement process. 

If you'd like to return the old hub for recycling I could organise a returns bag to be sent out, alternatively you could keep it as a spare. Post back and let me know?

0 Ratings
Neilbadmin
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi 

• Many thanks. I have ordered a returns bag to send the old hub back. Thanks for the help.
0 Ratings