cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trah22
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Ridiculous changes to BT Engineer visits

Essentially all I actually want to be able to do is to speak to someone who can tell me what is happening with my order, explain things and actually get an engineer out to me at a time that works. I didn't want to use the forum but is seemingly impossible to get hold of anyone in this company.

Backstory:

Tried to order online - didn't work as would not let me enter flat address (new build, thats a seperate complaint about the poor service on that front). Happy to take money and arrange for an engineer to visit (last wednesday).

Text/emails - engineer coming on wednesday

Stay in all day - engineer doesnt turn up.

Ring BT who inform me that the engineer was never going to attend (staggering that nobody thought to tell me this) as they had work to do finishing putting lines in the area and it would be done by friday when they would call, friday comes - no call.

Saturday i get told the work was finished but there was more to do, no information about when I could expect my internet service to start working.

Latest update: Text twice yesterday in the morning saying an Engineer was coming on September 4th, then half an hour later another text telling me the engineer would come September 7th.

Tried calling BT - no help given, normally disconnected after being passed around on hold.

So I am now told to expect a visit over 3 weeks after ordering.

I work in a school, thus trying to resolve this over the holidays - it is not possible for me take time off (again lost on the BT call centres). I've expereince awful communicaiton (the earlier point about the engineer visit is an absolute disgrace), no explanation for a lack of service, no follow up to complaints and absolutely zero help.

I would like someone from BT to explain why an Engineer can not not come until over 3 weeks after the appointment, why they can never "get in touch" with the people who change the appointments and how to remove all services along with a full refund and compensation for the complete waste of time if/when they fail to get an engineer out an agreed appropraite time.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ridiculous changes to BT Engineer visits

Hi Trah22,

I can take a look at what is happening with your order. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
trah22
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ridiculous changes to BT Engineer visits

Should add I can't get BT sport either as the box needs to be online apparently to get the channels
0 Ratings