Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Ring 3 Video DoorBell and BT HUB 5 setup

Go to solution

Connecting Ring 3 to BT Hub 5 - fails - Ring device showing 2 white LEDs on the right which means not connected to internet.. Also fails the same way connecting to a NetGear wifi extender (to the BT Hub 5).  Hub/router configured for split 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz, with 5Ghz wifi disabled. Also using Channel 6 for 2.4Ghz wifi. (in case its a channel problem).

Also  tried with auto channel on the 2.4Ghz wifi - still same issues. Ring device refuses to connect to internet BT Hub 5 / internet.

The interesting test is that when using another connection method (cellphone hotspot) it works ok, so in doing so it shows that the Ring 3 is working ok as far as conecting to the intenet.

NOTE: Ring 3 - works ok and connects to internet if connecting to cellphone with hotspot enabled so I think its something possibly with the BT Hub 5 and the Ring 3 connection through it.

Anyone had similar issues with Ring devices and BT Hubs? and if there are any solutions?

Grateful for any help / pointers in getting a fix as I'm almost at the point of throwing out this BT 5 Junk hub for something better and that works..

Kind Regards

DeltaOskarMike

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ring 3 Video DoorBell and BT HUB 5 setup

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Licquorice

Thanks for answer.. unfortunately Smart Setup already disabled (been that way for a while) as it messed up device wifi joins.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I'd be tempted to say just keep trying. I have a Ring 1 doorbell and a Smart Hub 2. It must have taken me about 20 attempts to get it connected, but since I did it has worked perfectly. Why it took that many attempts I have no idea.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Northshields

I fixed it in the end.. by complete replacement of the old BT Hub 5 with a Hub 5 I got from BT (which I never got round to installing until now) - So the old Hub 5 must have been broken deep within somewhere..  I think I had an old Hub 5 Type A and this one is a Type B. - There are two variants of the Hub 5, Type A with Lantiq chipset (ECI), and Type B with Broadcom.

Hope this helps the next poor unfortunate who has problems with BT Hub's and RIng devices.

DeltaOskarMike

0 Ratings