cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Router Disconnecting Due To Personal Computer

Hi Keith,

I have done these and will see how it gets on.

For reference, these are the speeds i am getting.

ClarkLofthouse_0-1609958640290.png

Thanks

Clark

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Re: Router Disconnecting Due To Personal Computer

So, after reading some other posts on here i saw someone having the same issue and they removed the faceplate and ran directly into the test socket with an adapter. I tried this and it worked for a while but this past month the issue has come back. I am having to isolate at this moment in time so working from home is very hard with the disconnects.

i am still getting the same issue on the techincal log:

09:41:32, 09 Jun.
PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request)

Any help is appreciated
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request)

Hi,

We have been struggling with this issue for sometime and i had a previous post about it back in January but the problem never got resolved.

I am currently working from home and whenever i am using my PC the broadband seems to disconnect and then reconnect a minute later. This can happen up to 15 times a day. Our smart hub will produce a flashing purple light, then a flashing orange light, then a still orange light and then it will go back to a still blue light.

I read a post on another forum that advised to run directly into the test socket with an adapter and this worked for about 3 months but now the reconnects are happening again. I read somewhere that it could be due to the upload speed not being able to handle what is being sent but this still happens when i only have Google Chrome open.

I have ran a quiet line test and it is completely silent. We have been supplied with a new router, new faceplate, had engineers out, done factory resets and nothing worked. We pay for Fibre with BT Halo 1 but this does not seem to be value for money the issues we are facing.

Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request)

Hi @ClarkLofthouse I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your broadband disconnecting. We'll be happy to get that looked into and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

I had many discussions with Neil and we came to the conclusion that the line was faulty and i was moves to a new one. After 2 months the internet was fine with only a couple of drops but in the past couple of days i have been expieriencing drops again. I have had 3 in the last hour of writing this.

Please let me know what the next step is.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

How’s your pc connected to the router, via wired or wireless?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

It's connected via ethernet cable. It's the router that is losing connection, not my computer as it effects every device connected.

I am plugged into the test socket now and will see how stable it is tonight

Thanks

Clark

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Thanks so everything is fine till you form a connection with the pc then it causes the router to drop?

if so that points to an issue with the pc or even the cable. Can you connect via WiFi to see what happens, change the cable too just to test. 

is the cable a shielded one? 
Don’t suppose you have a switch in use do you?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

It does seem to be the pc but one of the engineers who visited said that they don't believe it to be anything in the house.

I will try and change the cable and see if this makes any difference, my pc doesn't have a WiFi card so I am unable to test this.

Most of the time, I will be the only one device connected apart from a couple of mobile phones

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Shame you can’t test it over WiFi but no worries. If it points to the pc I would guess it’s either a bad cable or a hardware fault on the lan side of the pc be it the connection or board side. Again to test that you would need a separate lan card or usb to ethernet adaptor. 
It’s  just going through the fault finding process to narrow it down and in the end it will point to the issue.

0 Ratings