Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy6
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Router flashing orange

Hi all 🙂

I recently took over a line from a friend when i moved into his flat. The line has only ever been used for Broadband and was working fine when his router was connected. The changeover of broadband started and then it stopped working with the old router. Now we connected my new router that arrived in the post and its still not working. 

I ran the tests on the site and so far everything was fine apart from:

Line busy

I am not sure why it would stop working after a change in account holder - clearly there is nothing wrong with the line or the socket (which the help guide is telling me to tinker with). 

Can anyone guess why it was working before and isnt now?

Thanks,
Roy
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Router flashing orange

@Roy6 

Are you a BT broadband customer?

Roy6
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Yes! 

And so was my friend the previous bb customer 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@Roy6 wrote:

Yes! 

And so was my friend the previous bb customer 

When did you place your order for BT Broadband, and when did BT say your service should be activated?

You cannot take over an existing broadband connection. The original connection would have been ceased, and a new connection in your name, would be provided.

Roy6
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

The router stopped connecting when the new service was activated.

Broadband was fine when it was on my friends' bt connection.

Then the new connection started on the 30th and since then it stopped working with the old router.

Then I tried with the new router that arrived in the post and that doesnt work either - still flashing orange....

0 Ratings
Roy6
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

thanks for the reply by the way 🙂

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Do you still have a dial tone?  If so dial 17070 option 2 is it your number that you hear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Roy6
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Hmm I don't have a phone to dial with.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@Roy6 wrote:

Hmm I don't have a phone to dial with.

Then you need to get hold of a cheap wired phone (Less than £10) and see if your phone line is actually working.

Plug it into the test socket to make sure you do not have a fault in the property.

Roy6
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

The line was fine before the change in contract... Would seem like a massive coincidence if the line broke at exactly the same time?

I will get a phone if it's really needed.... But then what? If it works then what?

0 Ratings