cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briarwood
Message 1 of 6

Router problems

Okedoke, has anyone got this problem? 

I recently upgraded to fibre plus, hh6, (which I had bought previously to try and improve speed) it was ok at first but then have been having loads of dropped wifi, and then really slow speeds, 4 or5 download, 1-2 upload, had engineer out and he found a bit of a short so replaced my master socket, this didn't help so he said it was my internal wiring, fair enough so I tried the router in the master socket which gave me an excellent 35 download and 7 upload, great, but still intermittent outages.... the master is in the garage at one end, I live in a long barn type of house and the wifi only reaches barely into the house, (thick wall between that and inside house) so ran an extension into the middle of the house which has given me signal but just on the fon part, I cant get the hub network to adjust settings, tried resetting with the button but no avail, it won't let me log in to admin from the fon wifi, so am stuck at the moment. This pic is what I get for available network. Any advice appreciated. John

IMG_3282.PNG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Router problems

if you now have a NTE5C master then you can run a data extension from the terminals on the back of the front plate which will give you a better connection in your home for the hub   https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

that should improve wireless as well  did you turn off smart setup?  did you split the networks?  select channels manually rather than auto

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

You won't be able to access the hub via the BTwifi with FON signal as that is a public connection. Are you sure it is even your hub that you are reciving the BTwifi signal from? It seems odd that the signal strength of the BT wifi is much stronger than the Hub wifi.

Briarwood
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately no I didn't turn off smart setup, which is the problem, I can't get onto the setup from fon, i tried resetting with the tiny button but it dint make a difference. Doing my head in!

0 Ratings
Briarwood
Message 5 of 6

Not sure if it is the nte5c socket as it only has one phone socket, not a separate data one! I think am just going to pay an extra fiver and get the new whole house thingy. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Briarwood
Message 6 of 6

@licquoricewrote:

You won't be able to access the hub via the BTwifi with FON signal as that is a public connection. Are you sure it is even your hub that you are reciving the BTwifi signal from? It seems odd that the signal strength of the BT wifi is much stronger than the Hub wifi.

It does seem very odd, it's as if it can't see it at all! It's deffo from my hub as we don't have any neighbours! 😄😁

0 Ratings