cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: Router settings for DrayTek 2862 LN for use with BT Infinity ?

Go to solution

Are you absolutely certain you have entered the username as bthomehub@btbroadband.com and not bthomehub@btinternet.com, its an easy mistake to make.

0 Ratings
sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the update and points noted will change MTU to 1442 than 1520 .

If your asking can I connect to the internet yes but only to the BT Service Home page as its asking me to Login . I contacted Draytek Today and they confirmed that set up is the same for 2860 or 2862 routers so dont know why  its takes so long to work .

BT home Page.PNG

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@sub101uk

The router requires an ISP username and password.

Can you confirm it is: 

Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password: BT or bt.

BTSmartHub.JPGSmarthub requires no password

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

I wasn't asking anything, I was stating that you have connectivity at the physical DSL layer so your settings are correct at that layer but you are not authenticating at the PPP layer so that is the area of settings to check.

Have you tried factory resetting the Draytek and starting again from scratch?

Can you post some screenshots of your actual settings rather than the manual pages which you appear to be posting.

0 Ratings
sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Guys many thanks for all the feed back but the 2862Ln died the other night so its been returned to the shop for a replacement . As soon as the replacement arrives like you have said start all over again .

But like you have all said it must have some thing to do with sign on and password and since password is not required its got to be just user name and I have got bthomehub@btbroadband.com as per the DrayTek install page . So once I get my hands on the replacement router I will make some screen shots but all my settings are the same as the DrayTec 2860 which I understand has the same set up as the 2862 . So the replacement should be here tomorrow .

Thanks again

Password.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

@sub101uk wrote:

Hi Guys many thanks for all the feed back but the 2862Ln died the other night so its been returned to the shop for a replacement .

Hmm, I rather suspect the 2862 may have been poorly all along and the cause of your problems.

0 Ratings
sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Well the replacement should arrive in the next few days . When it does I will take a screen shot of each stage then we shall see if its the same .

Stay Tune .

sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Guys looks like the problem with the other router was down to the router as just installed the new 2862Ln and it works perfectly , I also might like to say that I left Password Blank so I am all back to working again .

My thanks to all who gave there advice so until the next one Cheers !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Great stuff, glad you got it working.

Must admit I was baffled why you couldn't get the other one to work and wasn't surprised when it was just a faulty unit causing the problem.

Thanks for updating the thread.

0 Ratings