cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Router settings for DrayTek 2862 LN for use with BT Infinity ?

Go to solution

For many years I have used a DrayTek 2860n Plus and found this much better than my original home hub  but the router is well over 12 years old so thought it was a good time to replace it with a DrayTek 2862Ln  . I thought the settings for both routers would be the same however I cannot get the new router to login for fullBT home Page.PNGConnections.PNG internet access all I seem to get is BT Home Page " screen shot attached "   So what do I do next ? Do I need to contact BT and get them to turn access on for this router since I still have internet access with my old router but not the new .

The settings for the 2862Ln I have made the same as the old 2860n plus  :    https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/vigor-2860-vdsl-setup  . Please note I have  a BT home customers account  so do not require a password .

But what ever I do it seems to take me to the BT Home Page There it seems to be asking me to login any thoughts from any one before I phone up BT customer services  or maybe the settings for old 2860 are not the same as the 2862 .

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Router settings for DrayTek 2862 LN for use with BT Infinity ?

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

You can use a user name of broadbanduser@btbroadband.com and a password of bt.

A password is normally needed, so bt is just fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Many Thanks Keith for your reply as I could not work out what I was doing wrong , On the original set up instructions unless your business account holder you leave password blank but it does make sense no password no access Password.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

It is not BT who require a password but your router, with many third party routers the firmware requires a password to be entered to set up the connection.

You can put anything you want into the password field and it'll work.

sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks guys for your feed back but I have changed password to BT but I still get the BT Service Home page . I have reset both computer and router and still just end up at the BT Service Home Page asking for a login maybe I should leave the router online for a few hours and see if the network updates its self oh well looks like its going to be a phone call to BT .

Thanks guys for all your help .BT home Page .PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Its a PPPoE authentication issue.

Is this any help, its from a different model.

DrayTek Vigor 2850n VDSL2 router

Configuration details provided by coolsparx, one of our forum members. Thank you.

Here are the ones I changed from factory defaults.

Disable WAN2 & WAN3

Enable WAN 1, rename to BT infinity, set to VDSL only

Enable VLAN tag insertion (VDSL), set tag value to 101 & priority 0

Modem settings (for ADSL only) multi-PVC channel 1, VPI 0, VCI 38, encapsulating type VC MUX, protocol PPPoE, modulation G. DMT

WAN connection detection mode ARP detect, MTU 1442

Service name left blank, username bthomehub@btbroadband.com, password bthomehub@btbroadband.com

I hope this helps someone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Morning Guys

Thanks for all the feed back , Thinking about it I do not think any of the settings are wrong on the DrayTek page as it works fine on the older model plus if you check on the Check Connectivity page it looks fine . I have attached settings or you can go to this URL : https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/vigor-2860-vdsl-setup, I have a feeling that any third party router which is not BT Home hub requires BT to reconnect you other wise all you get is the BT Service page .

I have not changed any thing down here for well over 12 years the DrayTek 2860 has worked fine however all I seem to get on that now is the BT Service Page but it works fine on the BT Hub .

But this router has BT firmware installed so it should be plug and play so looks like a phone call to BT problems line , So what is the procedure for contacting BT openreach .

Thanks again guys

Vigor 2860 Series 5 .PNGVigor 2860 Series 1.PNGVigor 2860 Series 2.PNGVigor 2860 Series 3 PNG.PNGVigor 2860 Series 4 PNG.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@sub101uk wrote:

Morning Guys

I have a feeling that any third party router which is not BT Home hub requires BT to reconnect you other wise all you get is the BT Service page .

That is most certainly not the case

I have not changed any thing down here for well over 12 years the DrayTek 2860 has worked fine however all I seem to get on that now is the BT Service Page but it works fine on the BT Hub .

But this router has BT firmware installed so it should be plug and play so looks like a phone call to BT problems line , So what is the procedure for contacting BT openreach .

Contacting BT helpline would be a total waste of time as they won't be able to help you, there is no procedure for contacting Openreach (it is not their problem in any case)

Thanks again guys

The reason you are getting the landing page is that you are somehow not authenticating as a BT user which is most likely due to incorrect configuration of the Draytek somewhere.

sub101uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply and the update , Well I could contact Dray Tek and they can confirm that all my settings are ok but then what ?

But I think your right the reason why its shut me out as for some reason its not authenticating me as a BT user which is odd since the BT hub is working other wise I would not be replying .

The old Dray Tek 2860n plus that was work before no longer work all I get on that is BT HomeService page same as the new router .

I am not a IT guy but it would seem that I need to contact someone at BT . So has any one got any contact details for which department , I will dig out the BT bill tomorrow and start making phone calls .

Any I will let you guys know what the outcome is but I am sure its them and not router settings .

I am sure its some thing very simply , Just look at the screen shot of the connections that means we are linked .Connections.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

As stated previously, BT do not provide support for third party routers and will be unable to help you.

Try setting the MTU to 1442 rather than the 1520 you appear to have it set to.

You have DSL connectivity but not PPP

0 Ratings