cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielheywood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Router/wireless access point

So, I am in the process of upgrading my networking gear and I am just curious, I have had a browse round the internet, but there are way too many options to choose from and I am sure other people have purchased products and recieved a better experience with them than using the Smart Hub 6.

I am looking for a better router or equilient router to the Smart hub, but offers guest networking, perhaps it would be easier to buy a wireless acces point and create a seperate SSID as a guest network?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Router/wireless access point

@danielheywood

Take a look on the Forumhelp  website, item number 6 on the menu page. Quite a few forum members, including myself, use that router. It has a guest network.

0 Ratings
danielheywood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Router/wireless access point

@Keith_Beddoethank you very much for the resourceful information you have given me. It's a shame BT don't implement guest networking into their system, I believe the Smart Hub is more than capable to offer such a service, it's more of a software limitation rather than the hardware itself.

Edit:

BT offer BT Disc for Whole Home Wi-Fi that is a wireless access point that offers guest networking, with less antennas and I believe less hardware capabilities, yet they haven't implemented that feature into their router, crazy!

"Create a separate network for guests and keep your home network secure. It’s easy to share access details via the app, see which devices are connected and block any you don’t recognise."

Source: https://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-branded-products-and-services/bt-whole-home-wi-fi/

0 Ratings