cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SH2 WiFi - alternatives

Go to solution

Hi everyone!!

Just upgraded from 300mb to 900mb and use a WiFi6 asus card, which on 300mb was topping out the connection.

Now with 900mb fiber i'm topping out the max theoretical speed of the SH2 which is around 350-400mb.

I need digital voice and fully aware I'd lose this by using my own WiFi6 router.

So...other than cable cat6 around the house is there any alternative or future plan from BT to ditch one of the older wifi protocols? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SH2 WiFi - alternatives

Go to solution

You can keep the SH2 router for digital voice and just use one or more Wifi 6 access points (and turn off wifi on the SH2).

Go to solution

Do you recommend any decent WiFi6 APs?

TIA

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I think you are best looking at the well known brands - Asus, Netgear, TP-Link and so on and seeing what reviews you can find.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I use several UniFi U6-Pro access points - they are pro-consumer devices and have great performance and reliability. They are about £105+vat direct from Ubiquiti which is cheaper than other Wifi 6 access points.