cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 41

Re: SH2 WiFi unreliable

Go to solution

I don't take anything I'm told by by or open reach as gospel - that's quit sad....

Thanks for that info. I just want it fixed, and normal service restored. In a few months / many months we shall (hopefully) get fibre as my village community have made an application using Welsh Gov funding to instal fibre in 27 properties. The Infrastructure is virtually all there- fibre cables are hanging on the poles for the last three years.

BT (following a "I'm joining with my neighbours to complain to Ofcom" ) have admitted there is a network fault.....we'll see

Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Ok, so engineer report.
1. Engineer was Copper expert, not broadband

2. fortunately there was no dial tone, so he decamped to the exchange and local cabinet for three hours, then came back and said I was getting 17.  S to the router.

3 within two hours we were back to virtually nil.......argh....

will contact but again tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Yderi I'm really sorry to see the problem with your broadband is still not sorted. Do you have a dial tone now or is there any noise on the line?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

Yes, dial tone is fine and quiet test silent. BB is fine atm, but will it last? It's the u reliability which is the issue, and you will appreciate that it dominates life. You can't plan to FaceTime zoom or watch a film on Netflix. Important emails are sometimes delayed or I have to use my mobile data package to hotspot. Sending the wrong engineer was a serious error of judgement, as was the fact that he had no knowledge of the history of the problem, or the data behind which clearly showed the drop-offs.

Additionally the btwholesale Speedchecker is inaccurate, yet it is the only one you will accept as evidential. Today it gave me a reading on WiFi of a download of 46Mbs which as you know is not possible on copper.

if this has not been sorted I a. Going to app,y for a full refund of my contract fee as you are. It able to provide me with the service I contracted for.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Yderi I can appreciate that and I'm sorry it keeps reoccurring, intermittent faults can be a real pain to resolve.

The type of engineer that is sent is dependant on the fault symptoms and diagnostic test results, so if there was no dial tone then a line engineer was the correct way to go, but he should have looked up the fault history before visiting. 

The moderation team will be happy to help and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch.  

Thanks

Neil

Message 36 of 41

Go to solution

I truly feel for you. I'm in a similar position where BT is my only option, so it's either them... Or no net at all. Geez. 2021 and we're living with dial up speeds.

Also like you, the engineers/BT call centre only take speed tests as the word of god. They run a speed test once a week (either via phone call, or the engineer while at your home) and if that speed test happens to be 40+... you're screwed.

As if all the evidence gathering you've been doing for months means nothing.

I'm on month 5, engineer #4 tomorrow. Going to beg him to physically check the line going into my house.

You're completely right in that it dominates life. It's extremely stressful. 

Wishing you the best of luck.

Message 37 of 41

Go to solution

7.15 this morning1F5434F1-54D9-4D1B-BF58-77B9DBBFB164.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution

Good Morning everyone,

Diary since last Friday's February 26th   Openreach visit.

No concreate evidence  was given  AGAIN, as to why constant drop out of speeds and broadband. Openreach will monitor!

Monday back to square one another fault identified

Problem now being dealt with the BT Executive Team . The result of yet another  email to Openreach CEO 

The engineer from Openreach came yesterday Thursday 4th March

They couldn't book a senior engineer as none available!

Engineer came and went up a ladder to change wires coming into the property.

By 8pm last night the internet non-existent

Contact BT again - confirmation of the  line fault. I  explain that BT executive team ringing me today.

I couldn't send or save emails last night. Still trying to finish a presentation at 2.00am this morning for today

I spoke to executive team lady this morning THERE ARE NO NOTES ON THE ACCOUNT FROM EITHER OPENREACH OR BT as agreed that they both  would do . Anne Boleyn comes to mind.

And the internet white extender disc is just flashing red!

DESPAIR

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

MEga rant with but this am.

Giving me a Halo and discs from Monday for a small increase in sub. Given me almost £80 refund for loss of service, which covers additional cost over two years. At least WiFi is guaranteed, with dongle thingy direct to but mobile signal. I can revert when super fast arrives with no penalty.

Thanks everyone for all your support. Kudos to the contributors

Message 40 of 41

Go to solution

Thank you Yedri,

Watch this space!

0 Ratings