cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SH2 and Ethernet sockets

Go to solution

I have four connections for ethernet cables, one taken up by the supply from the openreach modem. leaves me with three, which are connected to various other accessories, am i able to use one using a double adapter / splitter, running two from one,  are they available and would it drain connection ?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SH2 and Ethernet sockets

Go to solution

No, you can't use a double adaptor you woukd need gigabit ethernet switch. This will give you additional ethernet outlets. Have a quick search on line. Various capacity ones available. Maybe a 5 port is all you need. You woukd then have 4 available ethernet connections, the 5th would plug into the spare port on the Hub. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@starship 

If you have a BT TV subscription then the TP-Link range like a TL-SG105/8 would be a good option as they handle well the multi-cast transmission streams that the likes of BT Sport use whereas others might not and that can cause problems for your other attached devices.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you Dave. Thats perfect. looking at the argos TP-Link 5 port Gigabit Ethernet switch

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@starship  Please delete the link, it is against forum rules to link to e-commerce sites.