cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

SMART HUB 2

SMART HUB 2

-my present internet is BT FIBRE to my apartment with BT-HUB3 - and all working fine - full speed as per my contract

-in order to facilitate digital voice for my landline - BT have sent the SMART HUB-2.

-the SMART HUB 2 doesn’t set up and gets stuck on the ‘solid orange light’ (no connection to internet)

-thinking it may be an unserviceable SMART HUB 2 - BT have kindly sent me a couple of HUBS and each time the set up issues replicate - ie - stuck on orange light.

-each SMART HUB 2 - I have checked connections - re started - re started from factory settings AND all stick on ‘solid orange light’

-my HUB3 continues to work fine with full connectivity

-any comments-any resolution suggestions to get the SMART HUB 2 working anyone?

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: SMART HUB 2

@GLOBALGILROY 

Are you connecting the smart hub 2 directly to your phone line?

You do not need the Openreach modem, that must be disconnected from the line and turned off.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi Keith

thanks for reply

-phone line not involved with this connection

-I have followed the set up guide - and plugged the red end cable into the WAN  port on the hub and the other end into PORT 1 on the open reach modem

-the internet arrives into the modem from the fibre cable

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

By Openreach modem do you mean an Optical modem(ONT)? Do you have full fibre?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

HI

yes-full fibre

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I suspect BT have sent you a Smarthub 2 for FTTC and not FTTP which has a WAN port. Check the hub to see if one of the Ethernet ports is marked as WAN.. If it is not you need to contact BT and tell them you have FTTP and need the correct hub.

EDIT: Forget the above. I have re read your posts and see you do have a WAN port.

Message 7 of 12

You say all's well with the hub 3 and that you "..have followed the set up guide - and plugged the red end cable into the WAN  port on the hub and the other end into PORT 1 on the open reach modem"

Stupid question perhaps but is the hub 3 also connected to port 1 on the open reach modem?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@gg30340  The Smart Hub 2 is dual purpose now. So even if you don't have a WAN Port it will still work with FTTP (Port 4) after switching it over in Advance Settings - Broadband page of the Hub Manager.

It might be worth checking this setting and make sure it is in the FTTP Mode.

Message 9 of 12

I have a WAN port on the Hubs tried

& connected red end cable into WAN & then into LAN-1 port on the modem (which has 4 LAN ports)

this follows the set-up guide

this doesn't connect to internet on 3 HUBS tried!

I haven't gone further than that so far

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I am probably wrong but I am surprised that if you have full fibre that you have a Homehub 3. 

Are you sure it is full fibre, FTTP, and not Fibre to the Cabinet FTTC. This would mean that you have a white Openreach modem and very possibly a Homehub 3.

Which modem do you have.

ONT.jpgOpenreach modem.jpg

1                                   2                                          3               

0 Ratings