Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JayW
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

SMART HUB Admin Password

Go to solution
Just trying to set up my new SMART HUB that I received today. I have logged on using the Admin Password OK.... except that every twenty seconds or so it invites to to "Please enter the Admin Password". I do it and it allows me to look (and change) aspects.....for 20/30 seconds and again it prompts me to enter Admin Password. Surely I shouldnt need to 'log-on' like this. Any thoughts. Is there a setting I have missed that stops this? Certainly never did this with previous Home Hubs
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: SMART HUB Admin Password

Go to solution

Hi @JayW and thanks for posting.

This sounds unusual. Are you still having this problem? Can you post some screen shots of what you're seeing?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
JayW
Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Attached is a screen shot of the message that appears on screen every 20-30 seconds.

After signing in, I can get access to the Advanced Settings and apply changes that are accepted.

.....until after 20--30 seconds when this message re-appears and I re-enter the password which allows me to continue

You asked for screen shots (plural) but this is all that happens, nothing else, no other screenshot I can show.

JohnAdminPW.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks for posting that @JayW.

We'll need to get the product support guys to take a look at this so can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators liunk in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Does this happen on different web browsers, as it could be an issue with a web cookie not being set by the web browser?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Good point @Keith_Beddoe. I hadn't thought of that Smiley Frustrated

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
JayW
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

I use Firefox and Maxthon and it applies on both. Notified Moberator DavidM by e-mail as requested

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

@DavidM

I remote managed a HH6 for a while, and was never prompted for the password again, unless I left it alone for quite a while.

A short duration repeat request is more likely going to be a browser issue, not accepting cookies for local network addresses. This can be simply a security setting on some web browsers like Internet Explorer, where certain scripts are blocked from accessing the local network, as that is a common way that  e-mail attachments can infect a computer.

Also some browser add-ons can be set to reject cookies from sites.

Its unlikely to be a home hub firmware issue, as it would affect lots of people.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

@JayW wrote:

I use Firefox and Maxthon and it applies on both. Notified Moberator DavidM by e-mail as requested

Have you tried Google Chrome? Do you have any anti virus or firewall software which may be restricting things on your local network.

Do you access the home hub using this address http://192.168.1.254

or via a different link?

Try a factory reset of the home hub and see if it helps.

How to reset a BT Smart Hub

BT Smart Hub reset reset

0 Ratings
JayW
Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution
Also just downloaded and tried OPERA. Same happens
0 Ratings